Canal Convergence Education Consultant
Scottsdale Arts Education & Outreach department is looking for an education consultant to support the research, development, implementation, and evaluation of the following components for Canal Convergence in November 2019:
- Curriculum-connected, in-school artist residencies and workshops
- Curriculum-connected, on-site experiences
- Intergenerational learning experiences including, but not limited to, tours, hands-on workshops, participatory experiences, and lectures
Scottsdale Public Art’s interactive art event Canal Convergence brings cutting-edge contemporary art installations to the Scottsdale Waterfront, between Goldwater Boulevard and Scottsdale Road, to celebrate the theme of water + art + light. This free event offers large-scale and interactive artworks by local, national, and international artists; artist-led activities, workshops, and talks; Artist@Work demonstration area; live music; dance performances; and much more.
Please review the detailed posting.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org your application with the subject: Canal Convergence Education Consultant Application.
Scottsdale Arts offers challenging and comprehensive internships for undergraduates, recent graduates and graduate students who are interested in gaining experience in the arts and business/arts administration fields. Scottsdale Arts is a 501c(3) non-profit organization that is vested with the responsibility of administering and developing the arts within the city of Scottsdale. Our internships are on a volunteer basis and can be coordinated with staff to aid in receiving academic credit.
How to Apply
- Review the list of internships offered. (Note: The following list of openings are indicative of the kinds of internships available; however, internships offered each semester are based upon the organization’s need.) Please clearly state your area of interest in your application.
- Please provide:
- One reference (contact information only; no letters please)
- Cover letter describing your interest in your preferred internship position.
- Complete the online application found here.
FALL Internships (August-December)
Applications Open: mid-May
Application Deadline: August 30
SPRING Internships (January-May)
Applications Open: mid-October
Application Deadline: November 30
SUMMER Internships (June-August/September)
Applications Open: mid-March
Application Deadline: April 30
(NOTE: Late applicants will not be considered.)
Seeking upper-level undergraduate and graduate students majoring in arts education, education, museum studies, nonprofit management, or arts administration.
Do you enjoy engaging audiences with creative experiences? Are you good at telling stories? Do you love art? Then intern with Scottsdale Arts Education & Outreach to gain experience in providing and evaluating learning opportunities for schools and communities!
Our education interns will work on one of two special projects: an evaluation study and summative presentation of arts education programs or the creation of a teachers’ resource for upcoming exhibitions and field trip opportunities. Education interns will also be able to cater additional projects of their choosing to subjects that pertain to their degree or personal interests.
1) Compile and organize evaluation data for educational programs into comprehensive spreadsheets and graphs.
2) Create innovative reports that clearly represent the data and tell a story of what each program has to offer.
3) Finalize findings in summative visuals to be used by various departments.
Educator Resource Project:
1) Research upcoming matinees at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts and exhibitions at Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA).
2) Compile findings into succinct resource materials for internal staff.
3) Create teacher resources to be placed online for teachers to use before a field trip and in the classroom.
Strong time management, communication, organizational, and research skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Arizona Department of Education Standards a plus.
NOTE: This is an unpaid internship.
Questions? Email: Resumes@ScottsdaleArts.org