Scottsdale Arts presents art as an integral part of the Scottsdale experience, by offering opportunities for residents and visitors to experience the highest quality performing and visual arts the world has to offer, and by identifying emerging artistic talent and providing a place for its expression.
While it may be convenient to think of us as just a theater or a museum, our mission extends far beyond the walls of any single building or specific event. Thanks to our enthusiastic community—and with the support of the City of Scottsdale and our many members, donors, sponsors, volunteers, and friends—we daily embrace the challenges of immersing our whole community in the arts. We present opportunities to both renew our understandings of traditional arts and to invent fresh meanings of unconventional arts.
Education exists at the core of Scottsdale Arts. The organization’s educational programs promote tolerance and dialogue, provide thought-provoking insights and interactions, and encourage aesthetic contemplation. Free educational programs for all ages are associated with every endeavor undertaken by the four operating branches: Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale Public Art, and Scottsdale Arts Learning & Innovation. These programs take the forms of tours, hands-on activities, lectures, workshops, and classroom-based and community outreach.
- Vision — To be a preeminent arts destination and community asset that embraces world-class excellence and innovation in the arts
- Mission — To develop, advance and deliver high-quality arts, cultural experiences, and opportunities in Scottsdale to residents, cultural institutions, artists, and visitors from around the world.
- Integrity — Leadership, service, and responsiveness to the community
- Excellence — High standards in all that we do
- Diversity — Programming, audiences, leadership, and management that respect and reflect all our communities
- Accountability — Reliability and financial sustainability
- Innovation — Open to creative change and continuous improvement
- Inclusiveness — Partnership and collaboration, internally, and externally
- Engagement — Education and participation in the arts for all ages
As Scottsdale continues to evolve, Scottsdale Arts is at a pivotal moment and poised to reinvigorate our history as a thought leader in the arts. We need to build trust, develop the courage to innovate with confidence, and create renewed excitement within our internal and external constituencies. Leveraging the resources, talent, and vision of each branch allows Scottsdale Arts to create enriching human experiences. Connections deepen when we celebrate the broad cultural and artistic experiences that exist within and beyond our community. Diversity is our greatest strength, and we strive to cultivate compassion and creativity in authentic ways to shape our future.