The Young Professionals Group of Scottsdale Arts
Were you a part of Avant Garde on 2nd Street (AG2)? Join our updated young professionals group, NextGen @ Scottsdale Arts. The dynamic NextGen @ Scottsdale Arts gathers and creates unique educational, social, and networking events all year long. Joining NextGen is a great way to meet other like-minded arts supporters—45 years and younger—in the community who share your love of arts and culture.
Our mission is to promote the art of networking with like-minded young professionals who have a passion for our local arts community and want to become more involved with Scottsdale Arts.
NextGen seeks to use the power and inspiration of art to make a positive impact in the local community by supporting Scottsdale Arts and each of its divisions. The exclusive NextGen ONE Membership will receive ONE Membership benefits at the Supporter level for half the price! NextGen ONE Membership includes:
- Access to newsletters and invitations to events presented by Scottsdale Arts
- Early ticket buying and priority seating
- Free unlimited admission to Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) for two adults plus member’s children age 15 and younger
- Access to members-only hours and events
- 15% discount at The Store @ the Center and Shop @ SMoCA
- Additional 5% discount on season subscriptions to Scottsdale Center for Performing Arts
- 10% ticket discount on most premium events
- Free admission to Scottsdale Arts Festival and Member VIP Tent (four one-day passes)
- Membership in the North American Reciprocal Program (NARM)
- Four free guest passes to SMoCA
- Season-long recognition in the Center’s performance programs, digital donor wall, and annual report
- Ability to gift an Arts Lover Membership
Becoming a NextGen One Member will also include additional benefits just for our young professionals! These benefits include:
- Discounted access to NextGen quarterly mixers and events
- Invitation to exclusive NextGen events and behind-the-scenes opportunities
- Additional NextGen discounts for select Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts performances and access to SMoCA openings
- Discounted tickets to the ARTrageous Gala with access to the After Party
NextGen @ Scottsdale Arts Membership is available in three options to fit your budget! Sign up today for $250. If you’re interested in monthly or quarterly payment options, contact Kelly Hicks at KellyH@ScottsdaleArts.org or 480-874-4662.
NextGen @ Scottsdale Arts Mixers and Events
By being a part of this exclusive group, you’ll receive VIP invitations to four NextGen events each year in collaboration with Scottsdale Arts’ four branches and special events: Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA), Scottsdale Public Art, Scottsdale Arts Learning & Innovation, Canal Convergence, and Events @ Civic Center. These year-round events allow our members the opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of performing, contemporary, and public art along with architecture and design in the company of our contemporaries.
These events may include, but are not limited to:
- Mystery at the Museum at SMoCA
- Afterhours at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, including small bites, networking, and backstage tour.
- Painting with Humor with Scottsdale Arts Learning & Innovation
- Canal Convergence Young Professionals VIP Networking Night
NextGen Leadership Committee
The guiding voice and leadership of NextGen @ Scottsdale Arts is the NextGen Leadership Committee, made up of 8–12 dedicated local leaders. This team meets quarterly as a formal committee, working enthusiastically to plan each of the four NextGen events and welcome young people into the Scottsdale Arts community. Representatives from NextGen will also sit on committees for each of Scottsdale Arts’ four branches: Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA), Scottsdale Public Art, and Scottsdale Arts Learning & Innovation.
The NextGen Leadership Council is always looking for exceptional, committed leaders to join the team. To learn more about joining the leadership council and the commitment involved in this position, please contact Erin Krivanek, director of development, at ErinK@ScottsdaleArts.org.