You are invited to share your story!
In conjunction with Bridgman|Packer Dance’s dance-theatre work Ghost Factory, which will premiere on stage at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts June 25–26, 2021, there will be an accompanying audio/visual installation. This installation, Places with Hidden Stories, will be comprised of short videos recorded by residents of Johnson City, NY (the inspiration for the stage work Ghost Factory) and by residents from each city/town where Ghost Factory is performed. Projected onto the interior and exterior walls of the Center, the installation will highlight local stories from the Scottsdale and Phoenix-Metro community along with those of Johnson City residents, revealing what connects us to our surroundings and how a city’s human stories can be “hidden” in local buildings and locations.
Bridgman|Packer Dance and Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts are calling you and fellow Scottsdale and Phoenix-Metro community members to share your stories about what connects you to a particular architecture or location.
What building or location holds special meaning to you and why?
What story of yours or your family might be held in the walls or in the land?
As the installation expands at each venue, stories of community, connection, loss, memories, and desires will chronicle similar and unique experiences in towns and cities across the country.
How to share your story:
- Record a 1–3-minute story and accompanying video that tells something about yourself and your relationship to a specific location or building in your city. This can be anything from daily activities, place of work, connection to family history, or a memorable event.
- The voice and video can be recorded at the same time on your cellphone, tablet, iPad, or video camera. Alternatively, you can record your voice and video separately and send them in as separate files. For example, on an iPhone, you can record your voice in the Voice Memo app and then shoot your video with your iPhone camera. Please make your recording in whichever way is best and easiest for you.
- Submit your audio/video story by May 28, 2021.
- Please reach out to Diandra Adamczyk: [email protected], if you have any questions.
- As there is limited space in the installation, co-artistic directors Art Bridgman and Myrna Packer will choose the stories that are most appropriate for the installation. The Center may connect individuals with Art and Myrna for follow-up requests and more information on the installation.
- The installation will be open to the public and audiences for viewing June 25–26, 2021, both before and after the performance of Ghost Factory at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts.
- Participants will be credited in program materials.
Parameters for submissions:
- 1–3 minutes in duration that can be recorded on any appropriate recording device (see above).
- Please shoot in landscape (horizontal) orientation for video.
- Individual(s) do not have to appear in the video.
- Videos can be in color or black & white.
- High resolution/audio quality is ideal but not expected (not sure if your video is high resolution? Send it anyway!)
- Participants should be based in Arizona, stories from Scottsdale and Phoenix-Metro area will be prioritized.
For questions, please reach out to Diandra Adamczyk at: [email protected]